Virginia Tech’s first bboy/bgirl/bperson jam was a huge success. Even VT’s official Twitter account gave us a little love: https://twitter.com/virginia_tech/status/843263886660788224
Big shouts out to VT’s own Flowmigos! Especially Crew President Eric for pulling it all together. All 16 crews came with it…congrats to SMERC for taking home the $600 1st place purse.
…every Monday 9-midnite. WUVT 90.7FM / http://www.wuvt.vt.edu
MC Salty Brown and Conrad the Crawdad say “hello” from Studio A.
My RU colleague Alyssa Archer and I led an interactive workshop at LOEX. If you are interested, you can check out our Prezi here. Alyssa was right – Pittsburgh is dope.
Just yesterday, I gave a 7 minute lightning talk at TILC (The Innovative Library Classroom) here on the campus of Radford University. Here‘s that Prezi.
Both conferences were incredible. Highly recommended! A++ Gold Star.
Registration for the Urban Librarians Unite Coffee Break webinar I’m doing next Tuesday is now open: Thanks ULU!
You can read it here. Any and all feedback is appreciated! I had fun with this one.
Lots of things. It was a hectic – but good – semester. 50 sessions later, I’m ready for the break.
A few things I’m eager for in the spring:
- Co-chairing my institution’s Martin Luther King, Jr. commemorative programming this year. We have ~215 volunteers for our day of service and Dr. Angela Davis is our keynote speaker. !!!
- Kwame Harrison, Ali Colleen Neff, and the kid are presenting at Virginia Tech’s Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy again this year. You can get a sneak peak at our session here if you’re so inclined.
- The RU DJ Club (we really need a better name…any ideas? I’m maybe showing my age but I’m hoping it ends in “Crew”) is taking off. All the paperwork is officially official and we’re planning a DJ battle (food trucks too or nah?) for April.
- COLLEGE RADIO ORAL HISTORY PROJECT!
- Writing…(hopefully) lots of writing.
- Teaching…I love teaching. And learning. Learning is the best.
November 12-14 at the Kennedy Center for the Arts in DC. More info.